[AMRadio] Tektronix repair

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Nov 5 11:06:00 EST 2014

Hi John,

How is everything in the mountains?  I sure miss that climate.

This problem is a trace location problem.  The position knobs won't move
them as they should and I am hoping against hope that it may be a simple
fix.

I have reached the point that small, delicate connectors and such are a real
problem.  That is why I am looking to see if anyone can fix it rather than
myself.  To give you an idea as to how things are for me, I also have a 2230
that I managed to blow the horizontal trace circuit.  I was working on
something and dropped the probe which went into the HV buss and boom.  I do
have a parts unit for that one but would rather have the 485 if possible.

My guess is both may be headed for the parts heap like me.

73,

Jim