[AMRadio] Tube shield

Larry Szendrei ne1s at securespeed.us
Wed Nov 12 07:25:02 EST 2014

On 11/11/14 5:36 PM, Jim Wilhite wrote:
> Does anyone have a tube shield that will fit a 6CL6?  I need one with the bayonet base.  Does not have to have the spring.  I am not sure but thing the 12BY7 shield is the same?????
>
> Jim
> W5JO

Jim, I see no reason why a shield for the 12BY7 should not also work for
the 6CL6. You want one of those black heat-dissipating shields with the
corrugated inserts, as these tubes get hot in normal service. A
garden-variety plain steel shield will reflect too much of the heat back
to the tube, and/or not dissipate it to the environment at a high enough
rate.

73,
-Larry/NE1S