[AMRadio] Lightning detector

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 05:56:20 EST 2014

Well we don't have to worry about lightning up here now when it is 3
degrees outside, but this gadget got my attention when it was mentioned in
a broadcaster magazine.  Not wild about gadgets normally, especially since
most have a monthly bleed fee, but this seems to be (surprisingly) like the
old days, a gadget you pay for once and use.

Acurite lightning detector:
http://www.acurite.com/lightning-detector-02020.html

Anyone ever used one of these things?   Might be nice in summer when
roaming around the QTH and not checking a computer.

73

Rob
K5UJ