[AMRadio] Lightning detector

w3slk at verizon.net w3slk at verizon.net
Tue Nov 18 06:27:50 EST 2014

Rob,
    I got one similar to that when I purchased my weather station years ago.
I got more false reports on it to the point it couldn't be trusted. I'm not
sure if the technology has changed but looking at the price, I would say
not. I don't know how much of a Luddite you are, but if you do happen to own
a smart phone, Weather Bug has an app imbedded that detects lightning with
almost deadly accuracy. $44 for a safety item? I don't think I would put a
lot of stock into it. But that is just my opinion.

Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK