[AMRadio] Something strange

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Tue Nov 18 20:14:02 EST 2014

Hi Jim,

I am looking at the date code, 1148.  Now that I think about it, I ordered
by part number and wonder if they were left on the shelf or what.  They are
standard values and could have been stock.

The strange thing about it is, in all my years I have never had Sprague fail
like this, if the were the same value then I could better understand.
These were manufactured in the US to boot and have been stored inside so the
climate was not prone to temperature extremes.  Oh well from now on I will
put any electrolytic on the tester and leave it for several hours.  Total
operating time on these two was about 3 hours.

Jim,
W5JO