[AMRadio] 40 mtr AM open

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Oct 22 22:55:20 EDT 2014

I meant Don's post.  Came out wrong.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Wilhite

I tuned 40 meters from one end to the other just now, mostly because of
Don't post about the SWBC stations.  I heard only one just above 7.3, at
least I think that is where it is because the frequency readout on my NC
183D is not all that accurate.

Other than that, I did not hear a single SWBC station, just other hams
chatting away on SSB widely spaced on the band.  It has been many years
since I did that because I am so accustomed to hearing the BC stations, that
I have given up listening to 40 meters.  There is some atmospheric static
because of the approaching front, but it is not overpowering.

Most people may be like me and not try the band but, tonight, it would have
been a good band for a QSO or three without interference.  I doubt I could
have heard stations with good antennas much beyond Ohio or so, but it would
have been alright for some distances.

I think I will tune the band more now to see what is going on.  Maybe some
of us will start a QSO or two and we can have a good time coast to coast
this winter.

Jim
W5JO