[AMRadio] 40 mtr AM open

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 10:22:17 EDT 2014

On 10/22/2014 09:53 PM, Jim Wilhite wrote:

> I tuned 40 meters from one end to the other just now, mostly because
> of Don't post about the SWBC stations.  I heard only one just above
> 7.3, at least I think that is where it is because the frequency
> readout on my NC 183D is not all that accurate.

Due to some convention, there is an abandonment of the 40m space by
Shortwave broadcast stations.  They are all gone, from 7.2Mc and down,
period.

> I think I will tune the band more now to see what is going on.  Maybe
> some of us will start a QSO or two and we can have a good time coast
> to coast this winter.

Many is the day where the band is good, locally for up to 500~750 miles,
Jim.  Would be great to hear your B&W 5100 on 7.285/90 after 2pm.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR(/m5 - Houston)