[AMRadio] 40 mtr AM open

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Thu Oct 23 10:36:27 EDT 2014

Hi Geoff,

I do listen to 40 in the daytime and sometimes can be found at 7.160 on
weekends with those AM guys.  I also have a daily conversation with a friend
on the lower part of 40 via SSB but do not go up to 7.290 region.

I don't know why but just don't.  With the sunspots and propagation lately
it is not uncommon for me to hear stations in 9 land and far East 4 land
almost daily.  It will be interesting to see what signals come along this
winter if the conditions settle into a stable situation.

By the way, I don't have the B&W any longer, just a Globe Champion 300A and
the Globe King 500A

Hope to catch a few of the guys along with you soon.,

Jim
W5JO