[AMRadio] : ART-13?

w8au at sssnet.com w8au at sssnet.com
Fri Oct 24 14:10:28 EDT 2014

H  have to agree with Lee, despite being an ardent MIL collector and
user.   As a 16 year old, along with a ham school buddy, we  started
on a Friday evening after dinner, to build a DX-100 that had been
ordered by a handicapped friend.  By 5 a.m. on Saturday morning we
had it completed!  (only defect was a bandswitch wafer 180 degrees
off, which we corrected).  We weren't looking to break any
construction record - just thrilled to be assembling the foremost
product of it's day, with an all copper chassis yet.  We "burned in"
the rig a few weeks prior to giving it to it's owner. What a joy to
operate it!  With a borrowed dynamic mike from the High School
audio/visual shop, we had a great time on 15 meters AM, in addition
to CW on 80/40.  By the time I was older and had money, it was no
longer available as a kit.

OK... now, 57 years later, in helping a family dispose of their ham
father's gear, I see in a dusty basement corner under a bench a
DX-100!  Covered in dust, unused for decades and needing a bath (who
knows what else?).  I load it in the van with the other gear and
prepare it all for our regional hamfest.  But I have to find out if
the forgotten icon still works.  It's on the bench now..     Anyone
have a DX-100B cabinet with the top lid? ;-)

Perry  w8au