[AMRadio] Antenna cord

Bill Guyger via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Tue Sep 16 15:23:50 EDT 2014

I totally agree. Any ol tree (or two) in a storm.

Bill

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:18 PM, Jim Wilhite <w5jo at brightok.net> wrote:

You can be sure it does not meet MIL spec but, as I said in a pinch it is nice to have that type of thing local to put up wire antennas.

Jim
W5JO

Not all Parachute cord is created equally. The "real stuff" meets Mil-Spec, what Hobby Lobby is selling will probably work for light antennas, but I'd wager a small amount that this stuff is probably Chinese Sweat Shop quality that is being sold to plat key lanyards, etc. which is the latest artsy craze.