[AMRadio] Fw: Free Bauer 707 Available

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Sep 24 09:57:28 EDT 2014

Folks I cleaned up Larry's post.

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Szendrei
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8:40 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio
Subject: [AMRadio]  Free Bauer 707 Available

Forwarded from another list. If interested, please contact James Boyd
K7MKN or Kent Randles, K7YXZ, NOT me or Mr. Sibley. We know nothing
about it except what you can read yourself below.

73,
-Larry/NE1S

James Boyd K7MKN, of Boyd Broadcast Services, needs to get an early 70s
Bauer 707 1 kW AM transmitter out of his garage in Tualatin, OR.  Free
to a good home.

This transmitter was the main, and then the backup at 1450 KBPS here in
Portland until it was replaced by their 2nd solid state rig a few years ago.

Could be put back on the AM band or used as a ham transmitter.  Pictures
at http://www.oldradio.com/archives/hardware/707.htm

My wife and I helped move it.  The heavy transformers were removed and
are separate to make it easy to move in a U-Haul trailer, etc.

E-mail me krandles at entercom.com <mailto:krandles at entercom.com> or James
boyd.broadcast at comcast.net <mailto:boyd.broadcast at comcast.net>.

Thanks!

Kent Randles K7YXZ CBRE