[AMRadio] Solder thread

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Wed Apr 1 11:12:13 EDT 2015

It is funny that the real fine solder I'm using is indeed the Ersin
Multicore.

I have to admit that is has been the best solder I've used.

The other one is Kester # 43.  It is about three times thicker, but is
used in work on my receivers, such as an SP-600 and an HRO-50-T1.

I haven't amassed a bunch of solder as some have.  I DO use the Dutch
Boy paste.  It is still in the market at places like Lowe's and Home Depot.

I find it very useful for those old joints that need a little kick to
replow.

I also got into Electric Quad Copters recently.

I use the Multicore on those ROHS controller boards when I have made
some modifications.

I upgraded the Motor Units to a set with a little more power in them.

It is an interesting hobby.  However, you have to watch yourself and NOT
go overboard.

Some of these "drones" as they have now gotten labeled, can get *very*
expensive!

There is one person that shoots video for Hollywood.

He had one custom made, and sank $29K into one with 12 rotors. Then his
Movie camera is around $31K.

Now I have to contend with the State of Virginia starting new laws that
will have me finding new places to fly my 10 ounce Quad.

I can't get more than about 300 feet away from it, and I'm certainly NOT
flying any where near aircraft.

Government needs to let some of this Hobby things alone!

Regards, Bob - N0DGN