[AMRadio] The FCC's "Ham Guy" to Retire on April 3

W4AWM via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Thu Apr 2 22:41:24 EDT 2015

We should dump the digital stuff and rice boxes and go back to Real Ham
Radio. Many new licensees are glorified appliance operators and few know how
to  put up an antenna, install a PL-259 or even solder. The term appliance
operator  is too good to apply to some of them! They wouldn't even be licensed
if they had  to learn code. What is this hobby coming to?  Where is the OM
when we need  him?

73,

 John,  W4AWM

In a message dated 4/2/2015 10:10:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,