[AMRadio] The FCC's "Ham Guy" to Retire on April 3

manualman at juno.com manualman at juno.com
Fri Apr 3 14:19:18 EDT 2015

Roughly ten years ago the ARRL tried to do just that with RM-11306, band
allocations by bandwidth, which could have segregated a lot of digital
stuff into only specific places in each amateur band. Too much
misinformation floating around and pressure forced them to retract the
proposal.

At the same time, there was the really dumb proposal, RM-11305,
"formulated" by seven amateurs, basically asking that all regulations and
restrictions of who-does-what-where, within a license class be totally
removed. Anywhere you set your dial, you would be free to operate any
mode with any bandwidth you wanted. Fortunately, that one was retracted
too.

Pete, wa2cwa