[AMRadio] Ham Modes

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Fri Apr 3 15:20:32 EDT 2015

All,

This is the AM list.

We indeed have other modes.

Some are very content to run SSB, which happens to be one sideband with
suppressed carrier.

There are those that have stayed with CW very happily.

I've been setting up an RTL8320 RT820T dongle and have begun trying the
digital reception from a bit below VHF through 1600Mc.

Haven't built the transmit side - yet!

I certainly don't interfere with the HF bands!

It appears that too many are having issues with things like PSK-31 and
the like.

Personally, I really don't want a computer down by the radios!  My
switching supply for the TS-2000 is *very* well shielded, and does NOT
get into the receiver one little bit.

It is a Samlex.

There are a couple of plastic enclosed wall warts that spew garbage all
over.  I've enclosed those needed for other items in an expanded silver
plated copper mesh with care to not short the prongs.  Those are then
grounded to the shack ground, and place ferrite chokes around the output
lines.

It is a royal PIA.

We all need to relax and enjoy our hobby.

That is all it is - a *hobby*!

Regards, Bob - N0DGN