[AMRadio] Radio Operators

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 5 13:47:11 EDT 2015

I'll second what Bill,  Bob and I'm sure some others have said off-list:
Welcome!

You'll no doubt hear that you aren't a Real Ham until you've made your
own vacuum tubes, variable capacitors, built all your own gear and
calibrated it with your own home-brewed rubidium standard with a 6C4
output buffer amp. Ham radio is a broad activity and there's room for
everyone. I've been licecensed since only 1971 and I've known good CW
ops that were hopeless when it came to theory and repairing their own
gear. I've run into far too many who are true lids on 'fone and who
never use CW while bemoaning how the CW test makes for better operators.
But the truth is that the vast majority of us are good people, willing
to help anyone who needs it do anything they want.

There's a lot of expertise in this group that goes far beyond
boat-anchor AM gear. Please take advantage of it and pay no attention to
the few, rare, hopeless Olde Fahrts that show up from time to time.

74,

Kim N5OP