[AMRadio] Radio Operators

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Mon Apr 6 00:07:04 EDT 2015

> I get the emails in digest format.  This last issue is a prime example of
folks who reply to emails and
> do not remove the rest of the original email from their reply.  One
tangled mess of reruns and hard
> to pick out what the commenter is wanting to say.

> de W4MEC

I agree wholeheartedly.  I sometimes just delete the whole mess when I open
a message and  see the same entire freakin' digest repeated two, three or
four  times.

> I simply could NOT handle the *mass* of a BC-610/T-213 any longer due to
the entire spinal column arthritis.
> The arthritis makes it no dang fun if I have to move 400Lbs on a moving
man dolly on a carpeted Den/Shack.
> Regards, Bob - N0DGN

I just don't move mine. I built my main homebrew transmitter in 1971 and it
probably weighs over 1000 lbs.  The only time I ever moved it was when I
relocated the shack from an upstairs bedroom to the separate building
outside. The process took me almost six  months. It had set in the same spot
in the old shack for over twenty years and had to be dismantled,  moved
piece at a time with the help of my son and one of his husky friends, and
then reconstructed at the new  location. It has now been sitting in that
same spot in the "new" shack for almost another twenty years.  My converted
Gates BC1-T hasn't budged an inch since I hauled it into the shack about 10
years ago, modified it and converted it to 160m.  My solution to the heavy
metal problem is simply to leave enough access room around a transmitter so
I don't have to move it around. Someone will likely move me out in a
horizontal position before either one of those transmitters is ever
displaced ever a millimetre from where they are presently standing.

Don k4kyv

---