[AMRadio] Warren Elly W1GUD SK

John Flood via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Mon Apr 6 17:20:34 EDT 2015

Hi Todd, and crew...
Mr Mike called me with this sad news earlier today.  I remember listening on the R390 to what was, I think, his last checkin, to the Sat. AM mil net with the BC-610, as shortly after that I heard the 610 found a new home.  I contacted him later that morning to tell him how good he sounded up here in "one land" and told him that I could hear in the other op's voices how happy they were to hear him on the air.  While I've only gotten to know him in the past couple of years that I have been more involved with Near-Fest, in a strange way, I envy those of you who knew him longer as he seemed to be a true gentleman and one of the good guys. We all hoped that at the very least, his health would have held out for him to be with us at Near-Fest in a few weeks.  As that seemed to be less likely,  following his blog, I, as well as I'm sure others, missed him even before he was gone.
John Flood KB1FQG