[AMRadio] Crystal Radio

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Fri Apr 24 17:13:28 EDT 2015

Hi Bob, I have been following this and tried to reply with your corrected address to no avail so I resort to this group and the following message.

Bob, I have been following this subject and have been trying to remember if I still had a
kit.  It is not a Crystal Detector but may be something you
might want to consider.

I have an RCA Oscillator-Amplifier kit that is unused.  It may be a 70's
version because it is around one IC.  It has all of the few parts and has a
printed circuit board included plus 12 inches of rosin core solder.

It has an output transformer to a 4 ohm speaker and would be ideal to
amplify any low output source you may want to attach.  It would also allow
you to demonstrate soldering techniques.  If you want it, I can send it
along, but you will need to refresh my memory as to the mailing address.

I was slow about this because I had to find the damn thing.  I have had it
for several years and couldn't remember which box it was in for sure.  I
didn't want to say anything until I put my hands on it and be sure all parts
were still there.

73

Jim
W5JO