[AMRadio] New VLF bands

CL in NC via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Wed Apr 29 09:49:59 EDT 2015

Not sure what can be done with 2KC of band, but as a person who occasionally listens down there in the winter, I wouldn't mind having access without having to jump through the ARRL's hoops.  I find it ironic that the FCC considers the first users of this spectrum 100 years ago with spark and arc TX's as a threat today with modern components and designs. The biggest screw over the FCC hits us with is the power limit.  Aviation aids, NDB's and LOM's operate from 25 watts, to 1KW with no issues, usually feeding top loaded towers or center fed 'T' antennas with the power line going right to the TX shack overhead and near the antenna.  I brought this issue up on an FCC  comment years ago but who knows if they even read comments from the peanut gallery.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC