[AMRadio] HOAs fighting antenna Parity Act proposal H.R. 1301

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:30:07 EDT 2015

Another tempest in a teapot. Simple solution: don't sign any contract that
restricts rights that you don't want restricted. AKA Common Sense, lacking
more and more these days.

We've become a country of whiners and crybabies who expect the government
to solve all of our problems.

And it's hard to buy the argument that 'some people have no choice in their
area'. Somehow I don't think any HOA made the decisions for them that
brought them to that area or whatever else.

I like HOAs because they create a place for people to freely go who might
otherwise be out bothering the rest of us who choose not to be in one. It
would be a much different matter if the area you lived in suddenly tried to
add restrictions you didn't agree to when you bought your property.

But in today's world you have people who willingly sign on the dotted line
for convenience of location, to please the wife, or whatever reason, agree
to the restrictions, then once they're in suddenly don't want to follow the
rules they agreed to.

Pathetic, but all to real. Next they'll be asking "where's my trophy??".

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4