[AMRadio] HOAs fighting antenna Parity Act proposal H.R. 1301

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 22:08:10 EDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 8:00 PM, <kc9cdt at aol.com> wrote:

Yep...and if NOBODY would go there we would not have a problem..
> BUT....thousands go to those places a year.
> The villages in FL are closing on over 200 homes /MONTH....yes...a MONTH.
>
> I guess one would surmise they want to be there AND...AND they like the
> rules!
>
> Not everyone is the same.

Precisely the point. Not only are we not the same, amateur radio has never
represented a large portion of the population, but a tiny sliver. A sliver
that is shrinking more each day.

So basically the argument is - you millions of people change what you want
and what you signed, agreed, and moved into a HOA-protected development for
- give up what you want so that a few hundred or thousand of us who
disagree can have what we want. Change the rules to suit us.

Pretty pathetic. The 'me me, my way' mentality that is eating up what's
left of this country. Don't move somewhere where you can enjoy your hobby,
sign a contract then expect the other parties to let you violate it so that
you can have what you want.

It certainly explains the current political administration and prevailing
mentality in the country far better than I ever could.

~ Todd/KAQ