[AMRadio] HOAs fighting antenna Parity Act proposal H.R. 1301

Jay Bromley jayw5jay at cox.net
Fri Aug 21 00:32:35 EDT 2015

Hi guys,

Here is my take on this.

Sadly county laws are now expanding to antenna regulations at a rapid pace.
So even if you have a north 40 today and feel safe from antenna regulations,
eventually you might get to experience what a typical HOA ham goes through.
I have never understood why some in our own ranks think a few wires or
towers are ugly.  Like most things, they come and go over time!  At the same
time these HOA folks never gripe about cell towers, power poles feeding
their community or street lights they love to sprinkle everywhere, screwing
up the night sky!

Currently my family has nearly 3 acres at the new location.  Washington
County I live in says I can go up to 80 feet.  I guess they never heard of a
160m 1/4 vertical.

There are NO trees here either for me to string wires to.  We looked for 5
years for a nice home, one that is 20 minute commute to work, and one we
could also put a tower or antennas up in the trees.  I am not sure this is a
great location either, but we just got tired of looking in the end.  I
nearly quit the hobby over this whole antenna deal.  We have land in other
counties and states, but my wife is not ready to retire yet.  So those are
not options in this point in time.  By the time she is ready to retire, I
will probably so stoved up it will not matter where we are.  So I want to
enjoy this hobby while I still can!

While some of you guys may not have signed your rights away and if this sort
of junk doesn't stop, you might find you have NO one to talk to in the end.
We need to stick together on this.  Several studies have been made and not
one time I know of has a home been devalued due to a ham radio antenna, an
American Flag, flower pot, etc!

73 de w5jay/jay..