[AMRadio] HOA's and restrictions

john johnmb at nc.rr.com
Sat Aug 22 13:46:11 EDT 2015

I live in a suburban neighborhood on large lots (1 to 4 acres@)  .   There
are restrictions, and I read them very very carefully when I moved in.  I
also have a tribander at 50'  a sloper for 40/80/160 and an 80m dipole.
They're all in compliance with the restrictions I voluntarily agreed to
when I signed the papers.

I really sympathize with folks who live in a heavily restricted HOA
community but participation in that is voluntary. I've also lived in 2 room
apartments with NO access to the outside and still managed to play on HF.
If one wants to get on the air , a "no antenna" neighborhood is a PITA but
not the end of the world.  It's also a voluntary choice.

John K5MO

III

---