[AMRadio] HOAs fighting antenna Parity Act proposal H.R.

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 16:29:29 EDT 2015

A lot of the noise about an antenna has to do with how suddenly it
changes the landscape, and the people doing a freak out over it
weren't consulted.  The psychology is basically something happened
they didn't control, and that makes them uncomfortable.  People like
to think they are in charge of everything that happens in their
surroundings.   They get a sense of security from that.

4 weeks later they don't even notice the change or no longer care.  It
has blended into the landscape "noise."

One tactic that illustrates this is "Let's have a meeting to discuss
this.  I have a whole day on Saturday next month."  By then, 6 weeks
later, 9 out of 10 don't show.  They no longer care having gotten used
to the new structure and have other priorities.

Then there are the unsightly poles with antenna wires.   But the
street is lined with wood poles holding power, cable, telephone etc.
What about them.  Oh, they're okay because I need them.  Uh huh.

Rob
K5UJ