[AMRadio] HOAs fighting antenna Parity Act proposal H.R.

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 16:30:16 EDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 4:15 PM, GRANT YOUNGMAN <nq5t at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> Oh, come on.  Montana?  Really?  Kansas?  They go hunting for Progressives
> in Kansas and hang them when they’re bored on Saturday nights.

I think that's a bit of an....exaggeration perhaps? Montana is full of
people from California who have set about doing the same things you cite
about the Dallas area.

Just the same, I see why you want to stick around a city environment. Just
understand that the progressive movement you mention is largely responsible
for the current HOA situation. The developers build them, sure, but the
city people who live there make the rules. If it didn't sell, we wouldn't
be having this discussion.

We’ve become a nation of narcissists who think their lives are “ruined" if
> they see an outside antenna, or if a neighbor has the complete audacity to
> want their 14 year old kid to be able to play some hoops in the driveway

Yep, I don't disagree with you there, Grant. Back when traditional values
mattered, none of the nonsense you listed amounted to anything. As we've
'progressed' to the point of telling people what they can or can't say,
that we must accept all behavior from all groups regardless, basically
removing accountability, we've ended up right where we are. But you're
wrong - we *do* still have to make choices, every day. I'm sorry if your
beliefs, political or otherwise, have led you to think otherwise. At least
it explains your frustration much better.

The rest of the post has more to do with political views and zero to do
with ham radio, so let's leave it there. We're back to the point of chasing
parked cars.

I'm going outside with my wife now to set up a tee pee in the yard. Then I
have some upkeep to do on the '51 Farmall mower.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

~ Todd/KAQ