[AMRadio] Sir Chester's clear command of the King's English

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Mon Aug 24 10:24:30 EDT 2015

Kudos to Don Chester!

A simple yet very eloquent restatement of what this proposal really is
about and not about!

This proposed Legislation simply puts forth the concept of "Reasonable
Accommodation" in those areas where there are indeed HOAs and CCRs.

It does not propose that "I am a ham radio operator and I should be able
to do whatever I want".   As was directed toward me in "mostly" one on
one off list messages.

I do not have this idea in mind at all!

The time will come when I will finally have my XYL retire.  We plan to
relocate significantly South of here, (Manassas, VA), and it would
entail attempting to locate a home that I hope would allow "modest" wire
antennas.  Failing that, I would sit down with whomever is head of the
HOA/CCR, and propose an antenna scheme that would allow this hobby to
continue, yet not be something that would be an eyesore to the community.

Perhaps one or two that would be on the roof, yet behind the ridge,
therefore not "unsightly".

This is precisely as described by Mr. Chester in a very fine manner.  It
would also be in line with the proposed Legislation.

I do not now, or ever will ask that my hobby impact others by resembling
an aluminum porcupine bristling with all sort of antennas that stick out
like a sore thumb.

Thank You Don!

Regards, Bob - N0DGN