[AMRadio] arrl band change proposal

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Fri Aug 28 09:23:58 EDT 2015

 I am puzzled by the arrl wanting to change the lower end of 80 meters yet
again, taking away 50 kc of phone. I see arguments that CW nets had to move
below 3,600, why? They could operate anywhere!

Wed. a bit before 10 AM EDT I turned on the rx to 40 meters and was
surprised to hear  dozens of high speed CW stations then realized they were
calling cq test. Another contest, then at 10 AM the entire CW portion went
dead, only hiss and crackle. Nothing to be found any where.   Seems like
some only operate contests.

Also concerned that the arrl will propose a band width limit to conserve
space.  What are we saving it for?  Most of the day there is little or no
activity.    Bernie W8RPW