[AMRadio] Cell Towers

Max Cotton m0ghq at outlook.com
Mon Aug 31 14:53:41 EDT 2015

In the UK the cellphone companies get around the local councils by quoting power in dBW so it does not appear to be so high, I only found this out when I had to apply for planning for an antenna and said max power would be 400W, they threw a fit and said that is over ten times the cellphone tower output, well it was until I pointed out the dBW trick! We have the 'tree' towers too especially in rural areas, they all have big green boxes underneath them.73, Max M0GHQ