[AMRadio] BW, HOA's and the ARRL

CL in NC via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Mon Aug 31 21:33:07 EDT 2015

I don't know why the ARRL pursues the things they do sometimes.  Since I do find and restore older tube gear and use it on CW and AM, I took their bandwidth proposal as an affront to my interests, wondering why they seem to want to outlaw AM.  The HOA stuff I'm ambivalent about, I don't live in that type of place, but not sure if Martin Niemöller's observation will apply in future situations in the long run.  Perhaps the 4's, 5's, and some of the 7's, 8"s and possibly the 2's in Western NY have observed, since the ARRL is located in the epicenter of east coast liberal, government knows best thinking, that thinking seems to be dictating what they want this hobby to change into, and you better like it.  The membership is about 1/5 the licensed hams, but the League seems to have become masters of the grand plan.  I've been a member for 46 years now, and one thing I have noticed, for many years, you never see them print a negative correspondence letter that
 is critical of the organization or their plans.  To me, they way they are ruling leads to the world of Ozymandias.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC