[AMRadio] off topic (sorry) qrz.com hotlinks

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 13:20:37 EST 2015

hi,

Does anyone know how to stick a hotlink url in their qrz.com listing?

The "form" you fill out for your life's story is set up so it
apparently won't take your standard marked up URL with the html tags.
It simply displays everything like it is ascii text.

I just need "do a.b.and then c." type directions and I don't have time
to screw around with qrz.com trying to find this stuff out.  It can be
done because some people have hotlinked words embedded in their
listings.

the background is I got told about a policy change where I work so I
can't stick a few files up there and have them host them.  I had some
files like pdf scans of old manuals there for the past 5 or 6 years
and I had to take them down.  I figured this would happen eventually
and I have them on Google Drive (or Docs) with these godawful google
hash URLs and I want to post the links in a nice clickable way on my
qrz.com page so they are still accessible (and not costing me any
money).

the links look okay in a html file but I need to know the incantation
to get them to be treated like links in qrz.com or is this some kind
of feature you have to pay for.

Here's an example of what I'm trying to embed:

<a style="color:#ff0000;letter-spacing: 2px;text-decoration:none"
target="_blank" href="
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B74-bTqyRiT9VE9GVm9TYmdrLVk/view?usp=sharing
">meissner150B.pdf Meissner 150B pdf manual 28MB</a></br>

tnx

Rob
K5UJ