[AMRadio] off topic (sorry) qrz.com hotlinks

manualman at juno.com manualman at juno.com
Sat Dec 12 14:19:06 EST 2015

I'm not a software person but:
Maybe it's a subscriber perk.
Try going to a page that you know that has embedded links; right click on
the page, then click "view page source" and scroll around until you find
how the embedded link was actually written. Maybe there's something
unique on how it has to be written.

Pete, wa2cwa

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 12:20:37 -0600 Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo at gmail.com>
writes:
> hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to stick a hotlink url in their qrz.com
> listing?
>
> The "form" you fill out for your life's story is set up so it
> apparently won't take your standard marked up URL with the html
> tags.
> It simply displays everything like it is ascii text.
>
> I just need "do a.b.and then c." type directions and I don't have
> time
> to screw around with qrz.com trying to find this stuff out.  It can
> be
> done because some people have hotlinked words embedded in their
> listings.
>
> the background is I got told about a policy change where I work so
> can't stick a few files up there and have them host them.  I had
> some
> files like pdf scans of old manuals there for the past 5 or 6 years
> and I had to take them down.  I figured this would happen
> eventually
> and I have them on Google Drive (or Docs) with these godawful
> google
> hash URLs and I want to post the links in a nice clickable way on
> my
> qrz.com page so they are still accessible (and not costing me any
> money).
>
> the links look okay in a html file but I need to know the
> incantation
> to get them to be treated like links in qrz.com or is this some
> kind
> of feature you have to pay for.
>
> Here's an example of what I'm trying to embed:
>
> <a style="color:#ff0000;letter-spacing: 2px;text-decoration:none"
> target="_blank" href="

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B74-bTqyRiT9VE9GVm9TYmdrLVk/view?usp=sha
ring