[AMRadio] Never hurts to ask

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 21:25:37 EST 2015

Regarding Epay price discussion, I have had success contacting sellers after the no sale closed and asked if they would take (-insert rational price here-), and have had great luck with them saying OK, relisting an item at a BIN price where I get it.  Another thing is shipping.  There are two items, which I did not buy, both had shipping in the 60-70 range, and got the in the low $30 just by asking if they could do better.  Some of these people have no clue of electronic gear value, they just pick a number because they think old means desired.  Some folks will listen, some will say take a hike, and the take a hikers will re-list their no sale until they give up.  Sometimes they will thank you for your insight too.  A fellow had a key he said he knew nothing about, I recognized it as a pre WW II Japanese hand key worth a great deal more than he thought.  He redid his auction and got almost 150 for it instead of 10.  Never hurts to ask, the worst that can happen is they say no, and you move on.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC