[AMRadio] Extra Class isn't dumbed down? (was Viking 1)

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 05:57:10 EST 2015

This kind of thing has been going on for a few years, since FCC
allowed the exam Q and A pool to be  public and software to enable
test taking by memorization, along with the elimination of the 2 year
licensed requirement before even being able to apply for Extra.

Then they eliminated the CW requirement and that threw open the doors
to anyone and everyone who wanted to have a ticket right away without
having to go through all that junk involving understanding
electronics, and learning the code, how tedious and boring, and the
result is "One Day Wonders" with 2 letter call signs who tell you what
their "personal is."

There are two ham radios:  One is a glorified form of CB, and is found
in most of QST, CQ, and indoors at Dayton, the other is the Flea
Market Ham Radio, found outside at Dayton and in ER.

Rob
K5UJ