[AMRadio] Antenna disconnects

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 12:08:00 EST 2015

I have used a large knife switch for years at the ladder line exit point on the house  to disconnect the line and ground it.  I am having to re route everything and now my knife switch if used, would not be easily accessible unless I leave a ladder against the house.  Anybody use the large air conditioner type contactors, or larger open frame relays for this?  Due to contact proximities, will it just flash over anyway, so forget it? My only other option is to disconnect the ladder line in the shack but that would leave the potential for flashing over inside the house.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC