[AMRadio] Ant disconnects

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 13:29:55 EST 2015

Thanks for the input.  Yes, I have a spark gap in the circuit, and yes, adirect strike is basically unprotectable.  The banana plug/jack idea outside might be workable if I leave enough line slack to reach from the ground.  Where it enters my shack, it goes to a home brew RF ammeter panel with double bananas, easy to disconnect and ground there, but does not keep it outside.  That custom stick idea to reach the knife switch is good too, have to experiment with switch orientations to see the best way to operate it without mechanical stress.  With my luck, if I used a relay of some sort, the spike would travel down the control line to the shack where the operating  switch was, and still get me.

Charlie