[AMRadio] Extra Class isn't dumbed down? (was Viking 1)

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 19:40:00 EST 2015

> Was the current VEC systems and on-line question pools in existence in 1991
> ?

Yeah.  FCC quit in the early 1980s.  It's been VECs and memorizing
ever since.    To be honest, I took my tests before the FCC but they
weren't particularly rigorous since they were multiple guess.  The
real, real deal was when some of the questions were essay and you had
to draw some schematics.   In Japan, the gov't comm. regulatory agency
would send an inspector to look over your station and quiz you before
you got their highest class license.  Don't know if they still do that
now or not.

The UK gov't comm. agency, Off. Comm. (Office of Communications)
recently purged many inactive (SK etc. ) licensees from their records.
FCC ought to do that.

73

Rob
K5UJ