[AMRadio] Heavy Metal AM Rally

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 11:10:11 EST 2015

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Jim Candela <jcandela at prodigy.net> wrote:

> Going to the ER website, there is no mention. There are a few more words
> on AMFONE:http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=41069.0
> It appears that those who do not subscribe to ER are not invited, and
> those that do are not being very forthcoming with any details.

Oh, I don't think it's as sinister as all that, Jim. (o:

I seem to recall something about Ray being laid up with medical issues
recently, so that might be why it's not on the site. My recollection of the
past is that neither Ray nor Barry before him sent out personal
invitations. It primarily a word-of-mouth process that got the info out
there. True, there aren't many (any?) people out there talking it up.

The real problem is more likely related to the drop in overall AM activity,
holiday and otherwise. A number of the better known AMers have been absent
from the bands due to other obligations or maybe a waning interest. Also
folks like myself who, along with family obligations, have a list of
'deferred maintenance' issues to deal with like aerials that need raising,
transmitter repairs, and so on.

Hope there's a decent turn out and people send Ray their logs. The last few
years haven't been great by any means, though apparently last year was an
improvement.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4