[AMRadio] Heavy Metal AM Rally

Larry Szendrei ne1s at securespeed.us
Sat Dec 26 13:24:57 EST 2015

On 12/26/15 1:04 PM, manualman at juno.com wrote:
> I don't recall Ray posting information on his web site in past years
> either.
> There is a blurb in the November 2015 issue about it as in past years.
> This is a quote in the first line of the blurb:
> " I have been debating not sponsoring the annual Heavy Metal Night this
> year because of almost no response here over the last two years, even
> though operating activity has been good."
>
> So, if I was sponsoring this event and received little to no feedback
> from the participants on activity, stations worked, unique equipment
> used, etc., I would inclined to consider not being the sponsor for this
> thing. It's not worth my time or effort. If you guys want an annual Heavy
> Metal Night, then actively support the sponsor with activity information.
> It's a relatively simple concept.

FWIW, I sent in my log from last year to Ray. I did all my operating on
75M in the "window," or "ghetto," if you prefer. I was on constantly
from 5PM until around midnight EST. I hope to put in a similar effort
tomorrow night, but will probably quit turn in a bit earlier because my
XYL gets up for work Monday at 5AM, and I'm in the habit of getting up
with her.

73,
-Larry/NE1S