[AMRadio] Heavy Metal AM Rally

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 13:17:44 EST 2015

You know as much as I do about the particulars, Jim. Just a guess on my
part, but I think all you need to do is keep a log and send it to Ray. He
can figure out the rest. My subscription lapsed in 2014 when I was
traveling, need to renew it.

Again - just a guess on my part - I think the main reason Ray doesn't get
more logs is due to the fact that the event has changed more into a
contest-like event with the emphasis on 'points' and less the on-air rally
atmosphere Bill envisioned. My experience has been that many (most?) AMers
enjoy AM because it's more laid back ad natural, and not like a SSB
contest. They enjoy just getting on and operating their station. The
opportunity to work a bunch of new stations and meet new folks/hear
different equipment is what draws them more so than any hope or promise of
an award.

~ Todd/KAQ