[AMRadio] Heavy Metal AM Rally

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 23:52:48 EST 2015

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Donald Chester <k4kyv at charter.net> wrote:

> What with all the bantering ABOUT the Heavy Metal Rally, (unless I missed
> it) none of the postings here bothered to actually answer the OP's specific
> question: the time period and date of the event?

You missed it. Pete posted it yesterday:

>     On Saturday, December 26, 2015 2:05 AM, "manualman at juno.com"
> <manualman at juno.com> wrote:
>

>  It was listed in November issue of Electric Radio.
> Sunday, 12/27/15
>
> Pete, wa2cwa

Either Pete or someone else also posted 'after dark' as the starting time
mentioned.

Very little activity, though it has to be rough out in 5 Land. I hear
plenty of static crashes here but not terribly loud. Band is fairly quiet
but up and down, not very stable. More like 40m. Listened to Robert/W0VMC
talking with Brandon/K5IIA, Ted, and a few others on 3.885.

Nobody down in the 80m portion. In fact, no signals from 3700 up to 3755,
and then only two weak SSB signals between there and 3850.

Need to get the 80m aerial back up and the transmitter back on the air.
Stinks to only be able to listen.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4