[AMRadio] Heavy Metal AM Rally

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Wed Dec 30 13:19:19 EST 2015

>> One thing I noticed while listening at a friend's QTH (so I _was_ able
>> to participate, just not at the home QTH) was that everyone seemed to
>> pile on to one 75 m. frequency, 3880.

Some of these "Heavy Metal" rigs are single channel ( crystal ).
Most park on 3880 or if they are lucky, they have  a second crystal on 3885.
For some of us, an efficient 160 meter antenna is a stretch, but I'm
going to make an effort next year to get some form of 160 meter
antenna up in the air.

Keeping an event or net going is really difficult .... I can't seem to
remember if it's the second, third, or forth Saturday or Sunday of the
month. But we don't need to let these events die.

Don W4DNR