[AMRadio] RS and tube guarantee

tchesek tchesek at epix.net
Sun Feb 22 13:00:27 EST 2015

I'm sad to see Radio Shack in this condition.  In the Harrisburg PA area we used to have Harrisburg Radio Lab, Electronic Wholesalers and Cumberland Electronics as major parts suppliers.  Cumberland is the only one left and you are usually better off just ordering from a place like Mouser to get what you need.  Radio Shack has managed to stay alive for a while.  Many companies have essentially come and gone over the last century.  Think of television and radio.  Where are the RCA, Magnovox, Emerson, Zenith, Hallicrafters, Heathkit, Collins, and on and on.  Business fills a niche for a while then something comes along to take it's place.  Sometimes there is too much competition that knocks out a business.  Think Sears, Kmart, JC Penney, Montgomery Wards etc.  Look around to the malls in the country.  Too many were built and the older ones disappear because people like "new" things.

Tom K3TVC