[AMRadio] The Ultimate NonHam Ham experience

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Wed Feb 25 10:28:12 EST 2015

On 2015-02-25, at 10:21 AM, oldradio at comcast.net wrote:

> This takes most of the fun and personal rewards of doing it yourself. [An old ham radio tradition.]
>
> Why even bother, lying about it is even cheaper/easier.  Did I ever tell you about the time that I contacted the Titanic on my time machine?
>
> See what I mean?
>
> 73, John, K2TQN

Hi John,

I have often said that what's coming next into the wonderful world of radio sport(?) is the vision of the intrepid Ham turning on his pre-programmed computer & rig (in that order), then hitting the sack for a good night of shut-eye...

In the morning, when the avid contester arises, he'll leisurely wander down to shack, coffee in hand, & see on the LCD that his station automatically "worked" 5,000 other stations in the preceding night's contest, and "earned" him DXCC, to boot.

You think that day isn't coming...? Hell, it's probably already here.

Eddy