[AMRadio] 3600-3700 link won't work

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Feb 25 11:53:14 EST 2015

Guys and Gals,

I suggest you contact the ARRL division director where you live and express
your feelings about the proposal.  Last night I tuned the 80 meter band and
there was less activity in the 3.5 to 3.6 Mcy portion than in the 3.6 to 3.7
portion.   I wonder if they have trouble only when there is some sort of
contest and this may be an over reach?

I am not judging the merits of the proposal but am skeptical since this
particular committee has made proposals before than were not completely
accurate by my listening to the band segments in question.  If the digital
band was going to be utilized sufficiently to have the problem cited in the
editorial, then this is the time of the season for that to happen.  So
listen at your location and let you conscience be the guide.  Remember that
many digital signals can be contained in a small portion of the band.  If
you have a waterfall display, take a look, if not and you have access to
someone who has a waterfall display then go look some evening.   If you feel
the regulation is necessary or unnecessary then so express to your division
director.

Jim
W5JO