[AMRadio] 3600-3700 link won't work

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 19:31:11 EST 2015

P.s.

If ARRL and/or FCC is unwilling to force all digital emissions into a
quarantined sub-band, then the CW ID requirement should be brought
back and enforced for ALL digital operations of hams.  In this day
with it all being generated by software, it is trivial to program a
station ID at 20 or 30 wpm CW to be sent at the END of every
transmission, which would get around the problem of synchronization,
since sync is lost anyway at the END of a transmission.  Then any op
can ID the station if necessary (i.e. in the event of deliberate QRM)
and special equipment is not a requirement.  It is ridiculous that I
should have to have a computer and software in order to tell if a
transmission is from a ham station.   Since I am unable to determine
if I am hearing a ham or a leaky CATV coax line, I will ignore the
noise and strap.

73

Rob
K5UJ