[AMRadio] More about the Jackson, MS Hamfest

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at comcast.net
Thu Jan 1 15:51:06 EST 2015

Following my initial post about our upcoming hamfest on Jan. 23 and 24,
2015, someone emailed me off list with a few questions about the size
of the event, etc.

Perhaps this information will be of interest to others as you decide
whether or not to pay us a visit.

Of course, we want you to come on down, up, or over, as the case may be.

For the past 10 years, we have drawn over a thousand people per year.
The number is usually around 1150, and I think the highest has  been 1250.

Our flea market has developed into a good source for boat anchors and
associated parts.

In addition to Mississippi hams, we have a good turnout from areas such
as Memphis, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, the Florida
panhandle, and much of Alabama.

I almost always see some people from Texas, but other than the Houston
area, I can't really say what areas of the state are represented.

If you decide to come over for both days, let me know, and I will give
you some hotel recommendations.

--
Mike Duke, K5XU