[AMRadio] Replacing dial cord on an S-38e Hallicrafters RX

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Thu Jan 1 23:01:00 EST 2015

Mike,

Basically I agree with Jim.  My suggestion is to roughen it up, BUT
don't use anything overly coarse.

I'd use nothing more coarse than something 100 to 150, and just lightly
by hand.

It is a matter of finesse. To much is just as bad as would be to polish it.

Balance is what you are looking for.

Then as has been repeatedly posted on many lists, use musician's rosin
on the dial cord.

The combination will get it working.

Regards, Bob - N0DGN