[AMRadio] [AMRadio} Murata Ceramic Filter

JAMES HANLON knjhanlon at msn.com
Fri Jan 2 15:49:31 EST 2015

Byron,

You might want to consider a Collins mechanical filter instead.  Go to ebay, Ham and Amatuer Radio and search for "Collins Filter."  You will find a listing, "Collins Mechanical Filter 455 KC CF, 7.6 KHz BW Symmetrical (AM) NOS."   The title pretty much describes it.  It sells for $80 plus $7.50 shipping.  They are described as New Old Stock from Watkins Johnson, as used in receivers like the WJ-7800.  I bought a nominal 200 cycle bandwidth filter from this person last year, and it is working fine in my HRO-50 today.  They also have ebay listings for filters with 100 Hz, 200 Hz, 1.2 KHz, 4 KHz and 16 KHz bandwidths.

73,

Jim Hanlon, W8KGI