[AMRadio] Kenwood MC-50 mike with AM gear

manualman at juno.com manualman at juno.com
Tue Jan 6 15:17:23 EST 2015

I had a MC-50 for many years. It came with my TS-830. The mike can be
connected as either high or low impedance. To switch impedance, rotate
either connector (not both) 180 degrees on the short piece of cable
between the mike and the stand. However, the mike was designed for SSB
use. Hooking it up to several vintage transmitters, I never found the AM
quality to be exceptional. Actually, on several of my vintage
transmitters, my $1.95 Lafayette lapel mike sounded better. Bottom line,
if that's all you have, it will work.

Pete, wa2cwa